Sunday, April 24, 2011

Letters to Levi

My Son Levi,

      As we all count down the last days before you arrive, I can't help but think about what you will be like. So far, what I know about you is that you calm down in Mommy's belly when I talk or sing to you and you kick Mommy's belly when I stop. We think you move so much because you like to be touched. Don't get me started on how you are when Mommy gives you sugar... Both your Mommy and I are already so in love with you and we can't imagine this world without you in it. Son, I don't know if you know it or not, but we have your whole life planned out for you already... :). Ok, maybe Mommy does. We men need to stick together, remember that!

     When your Mommy and I decided we wanted to have you Levi, I don't think either of us really understood what you ended up meaning to our entire family. I want you to always remember that you were and are the link of love and strength, and we all already love you so much.

     Love you,
                  Daddy
_____________________________________________________________

Dear Levi,

    Your name means "to join" and that is exactly what you mean to our family. You are the first child for Daddy and I and your birth joins Bailey and Evelyn as it joins Daddy and I. I cried for an entire hour when I found out you were a boy. I dreamt about you before I knew you were a boy, I saw your big smile, blue eyes, and very long limbs. I feel so honored and lucky to have a son. You have made me so happy this entire pregnancy and now in the last days before you're born I am so excited to hold you and kiss you that I cry when I think about meeting you outside my belly. I love you Levi, more than you'll ever know my son.

                                                                                                                                    Love,
                                                                                                                                       Momma <3

1 comment:

  1. Jennifer Colleran EdwardsMon Apr 25, 05:58:00 AM EDT

    I loved reading these, and I wish I had done something simliar for my girls. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete